Премия Майкла Фарадея
Премия Майкла Фарадея (англ. Michael Faraday Prize) — награда, присуждаемая Лондонским королевским обществом за популяризацию науки в Великобритании. Учреждена в 1986 году, названа в честь Майкла Фарадея. Премия состоит из серебряной медали и денежного приза в размере 2500 фунтов стерлингов.
Лауреат должен прочитать лекцию в рамках ежегодной программы Общества, которая обычно проходит в январе следующего после присуждения года. После лекции президент Королевского общества вручает награду.
Лауреаты[править | править вики-текст]
|1986||«for his outstanding presentations of physics and applications of physics, aimed at audiences from six-year-old primary school children to adults»|||
|1987||Питер Медавар||«for the contribution his books had made in presenting to the public, and to scientists themselves, the intellectual nature and the essential humanity of pursuing science at the highest level and the part it played in our modern culture»|||
|1988||«for the contributions he has made to the popularization of mathematics»|||
|1989||«for his written, broadcast and public presentations on the science of the brain, which are superbly crafted for lay and expert audiences alike»|||
|1990||Ричард Докинз||«for his written, broadcast and public presentations which are accessible, imaginative and enjoyed by large audiences»|||
|1991||Портер, Джордж||«in recognition of his outstanding contribution to improving the public understanding of science through his many public lectures and broadcasts, his directorship of the Royal Institution and presidencies of the Royal Society and British Association and his seminal role in the establishment and leadership of COPUS»|||
|1992||«for his many popular books and papers, his countless public lectures and television and radio appearances, and his creation of the Exploratory Hands-on Science Centre in Bristol»|||
|1993||«for his many written articles for the national press and popular science journals, his public lectures on many platforms often tailored for school children, and his major contribution in broadcasting where he has had an input to over 350 radio and television programmes»|||
|1994||«for his outstanding achievement in raising the public understanding of science and technology as an issue of the highest importance to individual scientists and engineers and to many bodies that represent them»|||
|1995||«for his work in communicating mathematical ideas to the widest possible range of audiences through his many thought-provoking books and magazine articles, his radio and television presentations, and his energetic public lectures in schools and industry on a variety of mathematical and quasi-mathematical topics»|||
|1996||«for his numerous, wide ranging contributions to the public understanding of science in areas such as human evolution and variation, race, sex, inherited disease and genetic manipulation through his many broadcasts on radio and television, his lectures, popular science books, and his regular science column in The Daily Telegraph and contributions to other newspaper media»|||
|1997||«for his outstanding talents in the communication of scientific principles, methods and applications to young audiences through his many demonstration lectures with wit, clarity and enthusiasm on a wide variety of topics from basic science to modern laser research and for his major role in various collaborative ventures for young people with the Royal Institution, the British Association and CREST, and for his popular science articles and contributions to a variety of radio and television broadcasts, combined with his full professional workload as Head of Chemistry at Imperial College and overseeing a research group»||—|
|1998||Гринфилд, Сьюзен||«for her outstanding talents in communicating to the public how the brain works, popularising brain studies via The Royal Institution Christmas Lectures, lecturing both in Britain and overseas to a wide variety of audiences, including young people, both in schools and outside the classroom, and through her activities as an author of popular books, newspaper articles and columns and her many television appearances»|||
|1999||«for his outstanding contribution to the public understanding of human infertility and in vitro fertilisation. He has published five books as well as contributing to many newspaper articles. He is renowned as a gifted communicator especially to non-scientists, describing complex issues relating to human infertility clearly and without over-simplification. His major contribution has been in the field of television and radio both hosting and contributing to programmes»|||
|2000||«for his enormous contribution to the public understanding of science most notably through his Chairmanship of COPUS and his varied and wide-ranging television and radio programmes as well as his regular contributions to the national broadsheet newspapers. For over two decades, Lewis Wolpert has brought public attention to many subjects including depression which still carries considerable social stigma through books, lectures, newspaper articles using his own brand of enthusiasm and charisma»|||
|2001||Крото, Харольд||«for his dedication to the notion of working scientists being communicators of their work and in particular for his establishment of the Vega Science Trust whose films and related activities reflect the excitement of scientific discovery to the public»|||
|2002||on The origin of life.|||
|2003||Дэвид Аттенборо||on Perception, deception and reality|||
|2004||Мартин Рис||on Einstein’s legacy as scientist and icon|||
|2005||on A silent killer|||
|2006||on A natural history of scientists|||
|2007||Аль-Халили, Джим||on The House of Wisdom and the legacy of Arabic science|||
|2008||Джон Барроу||on Every picture tells a story|||
|2009||Маркус дю Сотой||on The secret mathematicians|||
|2010||Бернелл, Джоселин Белл||on The end of the world in 2012? Science communication and science scares|||
|2011||Колин Пиллинджер||on Stones From the Sky: A Heaven-sent Opportunity to Talk About Science|||
|2012||Брайан Кокс||«for his excellent work in science communication»|||
|2013||«for his excellent work in science communication»|||
|2014||«for his excellent work in science communication»|||
Примечания[править | править вики-текст]
- ↑ Michael Faraday Prize. This award is made for excellence in communicating science to UK audiences.. Архивировано 5 октября 2012 года.
- ↑ Thomas John Meurig. Michael Faraday and the Royal Institution: The Genius of Man and Place. — CRC Press, 1991. — P. 201. — ISBN 0-7503-0145-7.
- ↑ The Biologist. — 35. — Bowling Green State University, 1987.
- ↑ U.K.'S Royal Society Adds Members (Fee required), The Scientist (5 September 1988). Проверено 16 марта 2009.
- ↑ Fazackerley, Anna. Colin Blakemore: Professor No?, The Guardian (11 November 2003). Проверено 16 марта 2009.
- ↑ Abel Donald C. Fifty Readings in Philosophy. — 2. — McGraw-Hill, 2004. — P. 53. — ISBN 0-07-281886-7.
- ↑ Prof Lord Porter of Luddenham, OM, The Telegraph (1 September 2002). Проверено 16 марта 2009.
- ↑ The Psychologist. — 6. — British Psychological Society, 1988. — P. 84.
- ↑ The conmen and the green professor, The Times (2 October 2005). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Year-book of the Royal Society of London. — 92. — Harrison and Sons, 1988. — P. 245. — ISBN 0-85403-343-2.
- ↑ Don pockets maths fame; 'It's like Ronnie sinking snooker prize' (Fee required), Coventry Evening Telegraph (15 May 2001). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Sleeman Elizabeth. The International Who's Who 2004. — 67. — Routledge, 2003. — P. 831. — ISBN 1-85743-217-7.
- ↑ Randerson, James. Top scientist gives up on creationists, The Guardian (30 May 2006). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Sleeman Elizabeth. The International Who's Who 2004. — 67. — Routledge, 2003. — P. 647. — ISBN 1-85743-217-7.
- ↑ MacLeod, Donald. Royal Society split over Greenfield fellowship, The Guardian (6 February 2004). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Birkett, Dea. The oracle of the ovary, The Guardian (19 August 2000). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Lewis Wolpert discusses development and depression. ScienceDirect (18 May 2004). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Nobel Prize Winner Sir Harold W. Kroto Joins NaturalNano's Scientific Advisory Board; Nobel Laureate's Discovery Helped Launch the Field of Nanotechnology (Fee required), M2 Presswire (14 December 2006). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Bakewell Joan. Belief. — Duckworth Overlook, 2005. — P. 84. — ISBN 1-58567-697-7.
- ↑ Clayton Philip. In whom we live and move and have our being: panentheistic reflections on God's presence in a scientific world. — Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing, 2004. — P. 266. — ISBN 0-8028-0978-2.
- ↑ European science – from Nobel to Descartes, Europa (February 2005). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Walden, Brian. A Point of View, England: BBC News (28 March 2005). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Fleming, Nic. Laws of attraction in action, The Telegraph (31 January 2006). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Gage, Logan. Fortey's Ego and the ID, Discovery Institute (14 February 2007). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- ↑ Al-Khalili, Jim. The Arabic Science That Prefigured Newton, The Guardian (21 January 2008). Проверено 17 марта 2009.
- The Royal Society Michael Faraday Prize. The Royal Society. Проверено 4 февраля 2012.
Эта статья или раздел содержит незавершённый перевод с английского языка.
Вы можете помочь проекту, закончив перевод.